- Car tires, some still on rims.
- Tricycle parts
- Pepsi bottles with the old, foam shrinkwrap labels on them. You remember those? They used to have them at the Chinese place on Palm Street in San Luis Obispo. I used to try to tear off the foam label in one long spiral.
- Chip bags with the graphics you remember from when you were a kid. Man, Chester Cheetah has really changed.
- Broken, antique bottles that would be worth something if they were whole.
- Old pipe that they replaced and then just left there.
- Thousands of plastic shopping bags whose integrity has broken down. They create a sort of distopian mat of dirty, fluttery snow flakes. And they always conceal broken bottles.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Under a House
Here are some things you will probably find while doing renovation work under a house in New Orleans. It is supported with anecdotal evidence.