Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Doing the Happy Dance

I got my first invitation to join an anthology today. Only about half of the stories submitted will probably make it into the anthology, but having 50/50 odds is pretty keen for me. Although it's something of a cliche to say "it's an honor just being asked," that is definitely the truth. It shows me I've been doing a few things right. These things are:
  1. Act professionally and courteously.
  2. Turn contracts and edits around quickly.
  3. Keep your name out there.
The editor who asked accepted something of mine in May of 2009, so it's been nearly a year. An editor can work with a lot of writers in a year, so I'm quite I happy he remembered me. I love the theme of the anthology, and the little gears in my head are aleady turning, trying to come up with something. I just hope it is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment