Skip to main content

Haven't posted in a while

I've been busy, and it seems my summer is just slipping away from me. I had planned to revise Storm Summer and maybe finish Magpie, but neither of those things happened. I did go to the Gulf Coast twice and drink rum drinks. I did help build a fence and finally finish painting my bedroom. And I'll be in Colorado for a week coming up.

Still, I don't feel as if I wrote as much as I could have. I started a short story and didn't finish it, and more disappointing, a journal I was in closed and won't be publishing one of my short stories. In fact, I'm not really sure when I'll publish something new.

In the meantime, I'm writing a workshop on grant writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outlining, directions and sample

First, a great resource on outlining is at  http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/544/1/ . Below is a sample outline I'm working on for my sample research paper on green iguanas. Corina Calsing 13 September 2012 Calsing Writing, period 1 Outline for Research Paper: Green Iguanas I. Introduction     A. Hook     B. Thesis     C. Summary of subtopic II. Body paragraph – Diet     A. Fruit        1. Mango            a. Green/ unripe mango            b. Ripe mango        2. Bananas            a. Frozen – does not like            b. Too ripe – does not like            c. Slightly firm, a little green        3. Other fruits on occasion            a. Strawberries            b. blueberries     B. Vegetables       1. Collards       2. Mustard greens       3. Green bell peppers       4. Other veggies            a. Cassava -- cooked            b. Green beans            c. Peas     C. Water     D. Kibble III. Body paragraph – Habitat     A. Cage     B. Bedd

Book Review of "The Dare Club: Nita" by Laurie Bradach and Kim “Howard” Johnson

Laurie and Kim will be awarding a $20 Amazon Gift Card to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour, so make sure to leave a comment here and visit the other stops on the tour: http://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com/2012/11/virtual-review-tour-dare-club-nita-by.html Series:  The Dare Club Format:  E-book & Paperback Genre: Contemporary YA, Mystery Length:  330 pages in paperback Blurb: Nita Conroy has relocated to the most boring town on the planet. That is, until would-be boyfriend Brad Keeley spills the beans about a secret group of girls known as The Dare Club. During her subterranean initiation below the high school, Nita overhears a plan by contractors and school officials to embezzle millions of dollars in grant money. When she is betrayed, The Dare Club's pranks become deadly serious. With the clock ticking, Nita will need the help of her new friends to expose the chilling plot--and hopefully survive long enough to snag a date to the homecoming dance. Excerpt: At le